Dental crowns are a restorative and cosmetic dental procedure that helps re-establish your beautiful smile and oral health, while matching your natural teeth.
Reasons for Dental Crowns
- Decayed teeth
- Fractured/large tooth fillings
- Broken or fractured teeth
- Holding dental bridges in place
- Capping a dental implant
The Advantages Of Crowns
- Crowns can be a bargain! Crowns are inexpensive compared to some other treatments for similar dental problems and can be placed quickly and easily.
- Crowns can be used to cap extremely large cavities and prevent the necessity of having to perform a root canal. This means a less invasive and more economical treatment.
- Crowns are custom designed and built to fit your smile and bite. A dentist can give you a crown that matches your natural teeth. The color, shape, and size of a crown can be adjusted so that a crown can give you back your beautiful smile.
- Crowns are very long-lived. A crown can last up to ten years and longer. Many insurance companies will cover the replacement cost of crowns, if the crowns last beyond five years.
- Crowns can also protect weak teeth and prevent the need for their extraction. A crown “recreates” a tooth’s original strength and function.
- Crowns stay in place nearly permanently. Because they are fixed in your mouth, they do not move around. Some dental appliances can move, drop out, or be lost, but once crowns are in place? They stay there!
- Once in your mouth, crowns feel and perform like your natural teeth! You can drink, eat, talk, and smile as you always did – confident that your crowns will not let you down!
For more information on the many advantages of dental crowns, contact Innovative Dental today!
Contact us on (03) 9346 8333 or book your appointment online.